- What is an SEO
Search Engine Optimization or SEO refers to a process where steps are taken to make websites, blogs etc. to appear higher in search engine results in order to gain organic (unpaid) traffic.
- How do search engines work?
Whenever a user searches something on the web, the search engine go through the index of web pages which are related to the user’s search. This index is prepared through web crawlers which browses and store the information of the web pages they visit. And the search results shown in the search engine results page are shown according to a number of factors like quality, rank, relevance etc. of the websites or links.
- What are keywords?
Keywords are the words or phrases which indicate or highlight the topic about an article, video, blog or website.
- What are the types of keywords?
There are mainly three types of keywords:
- Generic Keyword – These keywords are more unspecific in nature like if somebody wants to buy shoes online, he simply types “shoes”.
- Broad Match Keyword – These keywords are specific in nature. In the above mentioned example, if that person types “addidas shoes”, then this will be considered a broad match keyword because it will produce more specific results for the user.
- Long Tail Keyword – Long tail keywords are the phrases which user enters in a search engine. These types of keywords are also specific in nature and produce more specific results for the user. For example – how to write an engaging article, how to use an electronic device, etc.
- What is an on page optimization?
On page optimization is the process where the factors which influence the visibility of a website and in search engine results pages are worked upon the website itself.
- What is an off page optimization?
In order to increase the ranking in search engine results pages, all the activities performed outside of the actual website are known as off page optimization.
- What is a domain?
A domain is the registered location of a website on the internet.
- What is domain authority?
In order to rank higher in search engine results pages, websites are assigned scores which are developed by Moz. These scores are termed as domain authority which can range from 1 to 100. The higher the score of a website, the higher rank it will achieve in search engine results pages.
- What are backlinks?
The incoming links from another website to a particular website is known as backlinks. These backlinks help in increasing the rank of a website in search engine results pages.
- What is link building?
Inclusion of links from other web pages to our website is known as link building.